The name itself reveals the essence of such a factor, translated from Greek abiotic inanimate, lifeless. That is, an abiotic factor is the influence of inanimate nature on the environment, flora and fauna. In different corners of the globe, climate, soils, air temperature vary, and this cannot but affect the processes or life cycles that are happening there.
Classification of abiotic factors
There are the following abiotic factors affecting the environment:
Modes of abiotic factors
The main influence on nature is exerted by the following regimes of abiotic factors in certain areas of the earth’s surface:
The process of influence of modes of abiotic factors
- Temperature has a major influence on the climate. Due to the temperature regime in a certain area, the life of certain living organisms and plants develops. Various representatives of the flora and fauna have their own comfortable habitats, the dominant role in which is played by the temperature regime. This rule applies to both ground organisms and water: under water, at different depths, the temperature of the water differs, which affects its inhabitants.
- Humidity and water are also a dominant factor in the development of life on the planet. The number of available water resources: rivers, lakes, streams depends on the amount of precipitation in a certain territory. The more precipitation in a particular territory falls throughout the year, the higher the supplies of fresh water and the more different organisms and plants can live in those regions.
- The sun and its radiation the intensity of solar activity determines the duration of the daylight day, on which many life factors of living and nonliving organisms depend. So, by the duration of the day, animals determine the season of mating, molting, weight gain before winter, a period of hibernation or migration. In plants, under the influence of the sun, photosynthesis, flowering, dropping of leaves or budding occurs.
- Radiation all living organisms are very dependent on the radioactive background. If the level of radiation is increased in a given territory, changes at the genetic level, mutations, malignant neoplasms will invariably appear, which cannot but affect the development and prosperity of species.
- Air and its composition are the main factors contributing to the passage of various metabolic processes in organisms. It was thanks to the composition of the air that life was born on our planet: due to the increase in carbon dioxide and oxygen in the air, plants and animals appeared on Earth.
- Wind how the element affects both the flora and fauna. In areas that are strongly blown by winds, the plants are weaker, which is why the fauna there is less diverse. Also, winds contribute to the expansion of the area of \u200b\u200bdistribution of flora, transferring seeds over long distances.
- Atmospheric pressure affects the formation of certain climatic conditions, weather.
- Height above sea level other abiotic factors also change depending on the topography: the higher the territory above sea level, the less comfortable the climatic environment and the less widespread the animal and plant worlds.
If you would like to get much from this paragraph then you have to apply these strategies
to your won website.