Birch White Mushroom is a mushroom that belongs to the Belotov family and the genus of the Borovikov.
The mushroom hat is small, its diameter varies from 6 to 12 cm. The skin is smooth, after the rain it is slippery. The coloring of the hat can be both ocher and pale yellow. The hat has a pillowshaped shape at a young age, as the mushroom is aged, it becomes outstretched.
The leg of the white mushroom looks like a barrel, in the middle this part has a thickening. There is a mesh pattern on the leg, whose color is somewhat paler than the hat. The width of this part of the mushroom varies from 4 to 5 cm, and the length is 6-12 cm.
The pulp of the white mushroom is painted in white, its taste is neutral. When breaking, the flesh does not change color.
The hymenopher is sometimes growing, but most often the spore layer is free. As the mushroom is aged, it becomes more yellow. Gimenopher tube, spores brown powder. Disputes have a spindleshaped form.
Where it grows
White birch mushroom can be easily found in Eurasia. Most of the mushroom populations are in Eastern Siberia. This mushroom can be found in Scandinavian countries, in Europe. In almost any mixed forest you can find this treasure. The mushroom is often found in birch groves. White mushroom has been found from the beginning of summer to October.
White birch mushroom is easy to confuse with many edible brothers. For example, it is very similar to a lemon yellow white mushroom. You can distinguish a double by a bright yellow hat at a young age, and in mature-on white spots on a brown hat.
And the alpine white mushroom differs from the edible brother of a white, almost transparent hat.
A dangerous double of white birch fungus is the gall mushroom.
The double can be distinguished by a brown hat and easily outgoing skin. An important feature of a poisonous double is a mesh pattern on a leg, which is a few tones darker than a hat. The tubular layer of the false fungus is pink, when pressed it becomes more noticeable. The pulp of the gall mushroom tastes this will also help to distinguish it.
Another edible double of white birch mushroom is an ordinary chirp.
Group is common
The double has a very chubby and large hat, its diameter can reach 15 cm. It is easy to distinguish a chipper-it has a dark brown hat, which in raw conditions is quickly covered with sticky mucus. You can find gray scales on the double on the leg, which is impossible to find in the white mushroom.
Oak white mushroom is similar to a white birch mushroom. You can distinguish a double by the color of the hat it has it darker and painted in coffee color. The leg has the same dark color.
Oak white mushroom
Eatiness and use in cooking
White birch mushroom is edible, it can be dried, and frying, and greasy it. However, first you need to boil the mushroom for 15-30 minutes. This mushroom can be dried, it will serve as an excellent seasoning for buckwheat and bulgur.
Growing and leaving at home
White mushroom can be cultivated in the garden, but for this you need to organize a symbiosis fungus with a tree. Therefore, the site should be located close to the forest or grove. This mushroom is grown from a dispute that are located in a hat, from mycelium and pieces of mycelium.
During growing, the white mushroom needs to be watered. Before freezing, the place should be insulated by putting straw or foliage on the territory of growing mushroom. Usually the crop will delight in a year.
White birch fungus should not be eaten for pregnant women and children who have not reached the age of 7. It is better not to experience your body if the acidity of gastric juice is reduced and there are problems with the pancreas, there is an allergy to this mushroom.
- Birch white mushroom ripens in only 9 days, like many of its brothers.
- This mushroom should be prepared no more than 10 hours after cutting due to the fact that the mushroom loses many useful substances during this time.
- Mushrooms that ripen in the fall ripen much longer than summer, but their mass is more.
- When collecting the fungus, you need to gently pull it out of the soil, because if you damage the mycelium, the mushroom can never develop at this place.
The decoction that remains after cooking the fungus should not be eaten water can absorb harmful metals that the mushroom has scored from the soil.