Palecolored dialect photo and description of the mushroom where it grows is poisonous

Palecolored dialect (lat. Clitocybe metachroa) is an inedible mushroom that belongs to the family of Ryadovkovs, the genus of talkers. In its appearance, it does not have any special differences, therefore the name is such a seemingly inconspicuous. It is strictly not recommended to eat, since this can lead to various light disorders of the digestive system and complications, in the absence of treatment.


The hat is very small and in diameter reaches only five centimeters. Young mushrooms have a convex shape with a clear tubercle in the center, but with age, the dialect becomes completely flat, and instead of a tubercle, a small hollow appears. The color, as follows from the name of the species, has pale shades, mainly ashen, gray or beige. In addition, the color depends on the weather, which you rarely meet among mushrooms: on rainy days, the hat becomes almost gray, and in sunny weather it acquires rather bright and bright shades. Precipitation causes a small chemical reaction, and the hat is covered with mucus, although in normal weather conditions it is dry, even rough. The leg also does not stand out in size and grows within three centimeters. Its color is about the same as that of the hat, the shape is cylindrical and narrows to the root crop. There are no rings and other mushrooms on the leg, it is not only completely smooth, but also very thin, less than one centimeter in diameter.

Where it grows

Of the main habitats, the mixed and coniferous forests of most countries of Europe and Asia can be distinguished. It is found on the territory of Eurasia, but not so often, therefore, for a resident of the CIS, these mushrooms do not carry some good danger. A pale talker is a very unimportant look, so it can grow in other places, whether it be a deciduous forest or even a small forest belt. He tries to carry out mycorrhizes with spruce and pines, therefore, only coniferous trees are needed to grow. The main growth time falls on the end of summer and the beginning of autumn, and continues until the very winter, which is why representatives of this species are attributed to late mushrooms.


This mushroom is inedible and poisonous, since the toxins contained inside bring a person to easy poisoning. Anyone is not able to cause any significant diseases, except for diarrhea, liquid stool, constipation or nausea, but without washing it lingers in the body much longer than other poorly poisonous mushrooms. That is why absolutely everyone advises after the first symptoms of poisoning to go to the hospital for examining and washing the stomach, because safety will never hurt. There were no deaths recorded, so you should not be afraid for your life. But complications may well be, because the prolonged finding of toxins in the body inevitably leads to the consequences.

Similar views

There are two similar species that are edible, so it is worth learning to distinguish a palecolored dialect from them:

Winter dialect. With a cut, it gives juice, which already indicates that the mushroom is suitable for food. Smells of raw flour and slightly larger in size.

Winter dialect

Galled tackle. After precipitation falls out, the mucus does not emit, but with a cut or pressure you can see juice that has the smell of raw flour. This is what shows you that the mushroom is edible. Thus, by the way, they also check the rahs for whether there are toxins in them.

Galled tackle

( No ratings yet )
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: