Snowdrops are the first flowers that people say about the onset of spring, but at the same time, it is the flat-leaved variety of such a plant that is quite rare. The most common places of distribution are considered to be:
- North Ossetia;
- North Caucasus in Eurasia;
- Western Transcaucasia.
In addition to such places of existence, snowdrops also have the following features:
- Flowering begins in May, but the seeds ripen in June;
- Propagation of vegetative and shift;
- adapted to in habitation in an environment with more or less sufficient, but not excessive soil moisture;
- perennial grassy plant, in which renewal kidneys are laid either in rhizomes or in tubers;
- Tolerant to shading, t.e. sprouts mainly in shady zones. Nevertheless, it also develops well on and opens areas with any number of sunlight.
The limiting factors are considered to be that this species itself is a few, as well as collecting colors for bouquets.
A plan-specific snowdrop is characterized by:
- height varies from 10 to 20 centimeters;
- bulb volumes about 2 in length.5 centimeters, and in diameter they reach 3 centimeters;
- The leaves are oblong and flat, they also have a dark green tint. Their width is no more than 3 centimeters, and during flowering periods they can reach 15 centimeters in length and one and a half centimeters wide in width. At the end of flowering, such parameters are 25 cm. length and 3 cm. width;
- Florins up to 20 centimeters in length, and after flowering 22 cm;
- peduncle 20 millimeters long;
- wing in length from 30 to 50 millimeters;
- leaves can be external and internal. The first is large, 2 centimeters long, but the internal is much smaller only 7 millimeters. In shape, they are wedge-shaped, narrowed, and rounded at the top. Can be slightly noted. Some representatives have a small green spot.
In order to preserve the population, the custom regime of those territories in which the snowdrop, as well as control over populations, sprouts is necessary.
It is worth noting that despite the fact that such a plant is distinguished by its attractiveness and tenderness, it has toxic properties. For example, it can cause allergic reactions, which can pose mortal danger.